Plasma Vortex is a high-voltage plasma device for sterilization and oxidation of industrial wastewater. An alternative to incineration for the most highly contaminant streams, Plasma Vortex is the only technology that delivers “lightning” without the use of sprays, bubbles or moving parts.
The Power of Plasma: Concentrated Energy
Plasma is the fourth state of matter—ionized gas. Plasma is commonly used in industries such as semiconductor manufacturing and consumer products like fluorescent light bulbs, mobile phones and plasma TV’s. Lightning is a powerful form of plasma as is the sun. Because plasma is concentrated energy, it is a robust and efficient technology for sterilization and oxidation of wastewater contaminants for the most contaminanted and expensive-to-treat streams.
Plasma to Liquid Discharges
Plasma Vortex is literally ‘lightning in a bottle.’ Plasma Vortex is an advanced oxidation process in the same category as ozone and UV but much more efficient because it generates multiple reactive species not just one. This high-voltage plasma system for manufacturing wastewater delivers hydroxyl radicals, UV, ozone, H2O2, singlet oxygen, free electrons, and focal areas of high temperature.
Plasma Vortex serves as an alternative to incineration for manufacturing wastewater from pharmaceuticals, chemicals, petrochemicals, oil & gas, and food & beverage industries.
Plasma Vortex is state-of-the-art plasma water treatment. This patented, revolutionary advanced oxidation system:
- Delivers advanced oxidation that complements – and augments – technologies available today.
- Is energy efficient (read: low $ per gallon) water treatments.
- Improves water quality and lower costs into manufacturing processes.
- Delivers cleaner water effluent.
Flow rate of the modular, stackable system is 30-GPM. Key benefits of Onvector’s Plasma Vortex OV8-30 advanced oxidation system are increased residence time of water in the reactor using a reverse vortex flow and increased contact volume by stretching of the plasma arc.
Plasma Vortex is capable of addressing multiple water treatment targets simultaneously. The system has demonstrated impact on organics, bacteria, and the fouling ability of water. This unique capability of our plasma system makes Plasma Vortex an effective option for consideration in treatment of industrial wastewaters.
- High-current plasma filament channel bridges the gap between two electrodes
- Plasma channel propagates across the entire electrode gap
- Strong but short-lived UV emission and high radical density
- Efficient plasma delivery to protect electrodes at currents less than 5 A
- Large energy discharges greater than 1 kJ per pulse, as desired for wastewater treatment.